This is the ultimate mono DIY synth from RH Electronics. This is only in the early design stage at the moment…
Features to include:
- Dual VCO
- 2 Envelope Generators
- Prophet 5 style modulation
- Mono synth with key rollover
- External modulation
The Prophet 5 Style modulation includes
- Osc B & Filter envelope routed to PWM A, PWM B, FM A and Filter
- Mod Wheel switchable to PWM A, PWM B and Filter
- LFO route to PWM A and Filter
- LFO also mix via mod wheel (LFO to voltage offset) for extra modulation
External modulation inputs to:
- PW A
The oscillator section is switched using a push button input and LCD display. I’ve found some nice 8×2 LCD displays.
I’m thinking 2 LCDs for the MOD and Oscillator section, allowing easier control via push buttons rather than lots of switches. The same could go for some controls sharing a potentiometer. Though this method needs ADC and DACs so it just adds expense a different way.. Sample/hold could be a possibility. These are all just things to think about at the moment.